Thanksgiving is in a couple of days and everyone here in the US are gearing for the long weekend in some shape or form whether it's planning The Meal, long weekend somewhere, working overtime for that extra cash, or just stay-cationing.
A few of you have posted your Gratitude posts and for sure it reinforced and reminded me of all the things I'm thankful for: family, friends, job, blessings, etc.
So I hereby declare my unending gratitude:
- To everyone who said NO to me in pursuit of my dreams, you forced me to dig my heels, get creative, and go after it harder.
- To all the dudes who broke my heart, you showed me that I deserve better and with each heartbreak, you carved my heart into something that can love deeper and focused on the essentials versus the superficials.
- To all the gossipmongers, you taught me how to be thick skinned. I also realized that happy people don't have time to plot and bring someone down, only the miserable ones do this.
- To my friends and family that I've lost, you taught me to seize every opportunity to tell the ones who are still around how much I love and appreciate them.
- To all the bad breaks that I got, you strengthened my faith, forced me to be optimistic, self-improve, and look for the learning points on each experience.
- To plans that went awry, all of it taught me patience, humility, and most important of all, gratitude.
It's been my goal this year to stay positive. It's been a challenge especially when you're in the middle of a shitstorm, but worrying isn't going to make things better. I still have ways to go, more lessons and tips to learn on how to master "Giving Zero Fucks", but I'm getting there. I'm not referring to apathy btw, but to let the bad breaks roll off my shoulders because, like everything else, it too shall pass.
I hope y'all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and even if you're not celebrating, I hope the week will do right by you.