Release Date: November 3, 2015
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: Publisher via NetGalley
Genre: Romantic Suspense
When a high-profile investigation goes wrong, FBI Agent Kyle Dawson is transferred back home where he is forced to confront his demons…and the only woman he ever loved. Three years ago, Kyle and Abby Morrow shared a wild, passionate summer—then Abby broke his heart.
NOW SHE NEEDS HIS HELP
Kyle never stopped loving Abby. So when Abby uncovers evidence of a human-trafficking ring, leading to her sister’s kidnapping, he swears he’ll stop at nothing to bring her sister home and keep Abby safe. Caught in a lethal game of cat and mouse and blindsided by their own explosive desires, they must set aside the past before it’s too late.
Woot! I've been a long time fan of Kate SeRine. I love her PNR series, Transplanted Tales (it's like OUaT), so when she announced that she has a contemporary romantic suspense series coming out, I was instantly on board. If there is one thing KSeRine does well, it's action with lots of romance. *wink wink*
STOP AT NOTHING is:
- A quick paced, easy read, romantic suspense. Human trafficking anyone? Yeah, this topic never fails to piss me off. And you'd never expect who the bad guys are AND what the assassin did towards the end. *two thumbs up*
- Not another insta-romance. It's a second chance in love and both Kyle Dawson and Abby Morrow are still madly in love with each other after all the years that they've been apart. And I'd like to underline this tidbit that neither of them slept around in the interim. It might be a minor detail, but I appreciate the fact that they didn't try to fuck each other's memory off their minds and hearts. #loyal
- Starred by men and women in public service. Abby and Kyle are classmates in the academy, both are pretty tough MC's, and I love how Abby still stood her own without being all Alpha and/or bitchy. She's just the right amount of strong and vulnerable that made her a very likable heroine. As for Kyle, I loved his snarky sense of humor and cammaraderie with his brothers and co-workers. There's no question that Kyle's a tough guy, but he didn't go all Alpha (aka asshole) on Abby.
- Features the Dawson boys, a family of servicemen and they're simply endearing. There's some issues within their clan, KSeRine didn't play out the drama though, but there were enough encounters to get the gist. It's kinda heavy.
- More romantic suspense and not so much action. The mystery didn't require much guesswork though, while the twists and turns in the story made things very interesting. Speaking of action, the smexy was hot and heartfelt.
I truly enjoyed STOP AT NOTHING and I had zero problems sticking with the story. It's no secret that I'm in the midst of a reading slump. I was worried that I might not be able to finish the novel in time for this post, I'm so relieved that I was engaged all throughout Abby and Kyle's adventure. STOP AT NOTHING is a sexy, suspenseful, funny, and another promising series from Kate SeRine.
Prequel novella, Torn, is included in this anthology:
Top 5 favorite things to have on hand when writing
Thanks so much for hosting me today, Braine! I always enjoy stopping by for a chat. :) And I’m so excited to be launching my new Protect & Serve series with STOP AT NOTHING.
Even though this is my first Romantic Suspense series, my writing process is the same. There are just certain things I have to have on hand while I’m writing that get me in the zone and help me tell the stories I have running around inside my head. Here’s just a little glimpse into that process with the top five must-haves when I’m writing:
- The interwebs! I often need to look up facts on the fly. Google is my BFF.
- MUSIC!!! I must have music playing at all times when writing. Seriously. It’s not pretty if my tunes are absent. Each book has its own “soundtrack” that I listen to when writing that helps me set the stage.
- Coffee. I can’t stress this one enough. The stronger the coffee, the better. I currently have eight varieties of coffee in my kitchen. There’s even instant dark roast in case of a coffee emergency. (Yes, I’m an author cliché…)
- My notes. I am one of those old-school types who jots down copious notes in a notebook. My current favorite is a leather-bound notebook with a depiction of the Celtic tree of life embossed on the cover. It was a present from my husband and sons.
- And, on really rough days when the words just won’t come, wine. Preferably a nice red blend that’s not too dry. I’m currently loving a wine called “Once Upon a Vine”, particularly the Big Bad Red Blend. Seems rather appropriate, no? ;)
Kate SeRine writes award-winning romantic suspense and paranormal romance. A past recipient of an Emily Award and the National Readers Choice Award, she has also been a finalist in the Fire and Ice Contest, Finally a Bride Contest, and the Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence. She lives with her husband and two sons outside Indianapolis, Indiana.
Buy Kate's BooksAmazon | Apple | BAM | B&N | Chapters | Indiebound | Kobo
Hi Supies! I'm making this giveaway very simple, the prize being a print copy of Way of the Warrior Anthology (US Only).
- Follow Talk Supe via GFC or Bloglovin' or Networked Blogs
- Save this post via Bloglovin' (optional, but it'll make it easier for me to track you if you win)
- Leave a comment indicating how you follow Talk Supe and Kate and name you follow by.
- Contest ends on November 5. Winner will be picked via random.org
P.S. Don't forget the Something Wicked Rises giveaway event happening today! Check out the banner up top for the schedule, there's lots more open giveaways so be sure to hop around and enter each and every one of them. May the odds be in your favor!
As of November 5, I have 20 comments, I excluded my comments from the entries and a number has been assigned to each commenter. From random.org, it picked #17, Top of the Bookshelf. The winner has been notified and has claimed her prize. Thank you all for joining! See you next time!