Release Date: Sept. 30, 2014
Publisher: Pocket Books
Genre: Paranormal Romance
THE FUTURE OF HIS TRIBE
Leader of the vampire clan MoonBound, Hunter will do what he must to save his people from extinction—or worse, a torturous eternity as vampire slaves and subjects of human experimentation.To keep his enemies at bay, he has agreed to mate a rival clan leader’s daughter in return for peace between the clans and an ally in the looming war with the humans.
THE LOVER OF HIS SOUL
But survival comes at a price. First, Hunter must break an ancient curse by successfully negotiating three deadly tests. Then he must resist the searing passions of the gorgeous vampire warrior he despises but is bound to mate. Will Hunter stay true to his word? Or will he risk everything for the woman he really loves: the vampire seductress’s identical twin sister?
"Why did groupies think vampires liked dog collars?"
"I'm not going to be the guy who gets turned into the Hulk because of a lab experiment." [Jaggar]
"Please," Grant drawled, "if anything you'd end up like Wolverine."
I was supposed to have died at birth," she rasped. "Every day beyond that is a gift. If I died today, I still would have lived decades longer than I should have." -Aylin
"I came to be with you but it looks like you've already been used," -Hunter
While Bound By Night gave us a sort of dystopian feel focusing on vampire-human dynamics, CHAINED BY NIGHT showed us how utterly fucked up vampire relations are. For a race whose numbers are dwindling and are overpowered by humans, these vampires are idiots for killing each other instead of banding together and coming up with a game plan to even up the playing field.
Anyway, I'm going to break it down quickly for y'all because I'm aware that some of you have either read early reviews, have read this, or are currently reading CHAINED BY NIGHT so I'll keep it simple.
- Hunter is so edible! I mean he gave me (hot 'n sexy) flashes of Daniel Day Lewis a la The Last of the Mohicans. Oh baby, take out that tomahawk but keep the loincloth!
- I enjoy the Native American influence among the clans as well as the traditional-progressive struggle between them. Keeping tradition was the source of some of the conflict between MoonBound and the other groups like ShadowSpawn.
- Bound by Night gave us the scientific version of what and how vampires are, CHAINED BY NIGHT gave us their cosmology. Samnult, their demon creator, is such a cunning antagonist and I look forward to knowing more about him and what other shiznit he's got up his sleeves.
- Twinning! I know twins are the subject of much (nasty) fantasies but trust me, Rasha and Aylin will crush that fantasy. Well Rasha will anyways... bitch be cray cray!
- I love Aylin but she's too goody goody for my taste. She grew a pair but I prefer my chick a bit rough around the edges.
- CHAINED BY NIGHT has some pretty hilarious moments that had me laughing out loud, no joke.
- Take out your camo because shit got real between the vamps here. These fangers don't posture around with their chests puffed out, when they say war they mean war. There will be blood and there were lots of it!
- I love the magic but I felt it was a bit convenient here.
- It goes without saying that the romance is scorching, hot, sexy, and every adjective you can think of to describe an intense relationship. The forbidden element added a delicious layer to Hunter and Aylin's love affair and you'll be kept at the edge of your seat waiting for the resolution. And it was worth the suspense.
- You'll hate Myne and Rasha and they'll make you hate them so much that you'll want LIone to write them a book so they get redeemed.
CHAINED BY NIGHT is just one darn good sequel. I grew tired of vamps but LIone made me enjoy them again.