Release Date: November 18, 2014
Source: Publisher via NetGalley
Genre: Urban Fantasy | PNR
Just when Celia thinks the supernatural world can’t turn deadlier, a new rival emerges, proving just how dangerous a power-hungry were can be.
Since being cursed with unique abilities, Celia Wird and her three sisters have fought the most bloodthirsty preternaturals in the Lake Tahoe region. But Celia’s greatest threat is someone she would have never suspected: Anara, a werewolf Elder who has allowed his hatred for Celia to spiral out of control. In a play for dominance, Anara tortures Celia and gives her an ultimatum: sever her mate bond with pureblood were Aric — or Anara will kill everyone she loves.
From the instant they met, Celia and Aric have shared an attraction that cannot be tamed. So keeping Aric away is impossible, and Aric would sooner die than allow anyone to hurt the woman he loves. Misha, master vampire and Celia’s sworn protector, also finds his way into the chaos, seeking blood from those who have harmed her.
Now Celia and her sisters are caught in the middle of a war driven by lust, fueled by hatred, and destined to end in tragedy. For Anara is a force to be reckoned with, and he will not succumb without robbing Celia of those who hold her heart.
I know your inboxes and feeds have been flooded by reviews for Cecy Robson's A CURSED BLOODLINE so I apologize for adding yet another review. I hope you'll give me a little leeway, my reading schedule went bonkers so I got to Weird Girls 4 late. As a compromise I'll make this brief:
- Yup, previous reviews didn't lie, A CURSED BLOODLINE is a heart wrenching, emotionally challenging, and tear duct draining, installment. My jaw hurt from clenching it too much because I was trying so hard not to weep due to Celia's ordeals.
- The action is relentlessly heart stopping as expected although I'm left scratching my head. Given that these people are supernatural creatures I'm surprised Celia didn't have a miscarriage from all the fighting she did. She doesn't self-heal people and even if her trusty sister, Emme, is there to heal her, she's not always there and she has her limits too.
- I've been on Anara's hairy and rabid pelt since the last book and he had me seeing red here. Grrrr!
- You think Celia and Aric have been through a lot wait til you read what CRobson's got in store for them in A CURSED BLOODLINE. Honestly I had doubts that they will make it (I skimmed my friend's reviews). Now I like a good conflict and a huge monkey wrench thrown in but part of me also felt like the challenges thrown Celia & Aric's were overkill. I think the dog days (it's a joke, Aric) are over though... right?
- I wish Anara's mini comeuppance was told as it happened instead of hearsay. There's so much build up about his treachery and I'm sure I'm not the only one who was waiting for his ass to be served to him so I felt let down when Danny relayed the events instead of us reading it first hand.
- Lots of people died and one in particular made me clutch my heart.
- There's another prophecy and I want to know how the fuck it's going to be fulfilled now given the circumstances.
- I need the next book soon which is already up in NetGalley in case you missed it.
- Do yourself a favor and read this.