BB&B is an homage Barron's Books & Baubles from Karen Marie Moning's smash hit series, Fever.
from publishers, authors and tour organizers
|ARCs I got this month|
Wickedly Wonderful by Deborah Blake | Her Lone Wolf by Paige Tyler
Chained by Night by Larissa Ione | Undead & Unwary by Mary Janice Davidson
Big & Small
So here's mini feedback on some season premiers that I managed to catch last week.
- SLEEPY HOLLOW - The season immediately follows the finale from S1. Ichabod and Abbie are/were stuck in Purgatory. I so love the threads that were opened here especially the unrequited love between Katia and Death aka Headless Horseman. It's so frustrating that Ichabod and Katia are still not reunited after all the pain and heartache they went through in S1. Here's to hoping they manage to find a way to finally be together this year coz I hate long drawn out storylines.
- HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER - Shonda Rhimes prints were all over the place and it's evident in the storyline and characters. Strong female lead, quirky and shifty supporting characters, witty lines, dry sense of humor, romantic intrigue. I can't help but compare it to Grey's Anatomy, a little formulaic and yet I'm intrigued. Viola Davis has a strong presence onscreen, she's captivating to watch and her character is very, very intriguing: strong yet vulnerable, independent but desperate, she's a badass lawyer with questionable scruples. Worth watching.
- GOTHAM - Benjamin McKenzie is the last Orange County alum I expected to remain relevant in TV land. I love surprises and I have to say his boy-next-door looks is a great contrast to his straight-laced character, young James Gordon. The whole feel of the show is more realistic and less graphic novel. It's consistent with Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy in that you won't find caped crusaders, masked villains, or colorful costumes littering the streets of Gotham. It's gritty and I'm looking forward to watching more episodes.
Last Week's Reviews
- Guild Assassin by Berley Kerr (Fantasy)
- Snow Falling on Blue Grass by Molly Harper (Contemporary Romance)
- Becoming Calder & Finding Eden by Mia Calder (NA)
- Shadow & Bone by Leigh Bardugo (YA)
- The Fall by Bethany Griffin (YA Fantasy)
- Third Daughter by Susan Kaye Quinn (Steampunk)
- Chained by Night by Larissa Ione (PNR)
- How to Handle a Heartbreaker by Marie Harte (Contemporary Romance)
Check out these other fabulous blogs that participate in
Bought, Borrowed & Bagged:
NOTE: There's a new linky created for this year and please note that you have to use your LABEL links (i.e. book haul) on the form below NOT the post link.