One Night in Vegas
Pink Door Publishing
February 17, 2014
The morning after Amy Leigh Paisley, from Sweetgum, Georgia is left behind in Las Vegas, she wakes up with not only a huge hangover, but with a husband who happens to be Trent Mulherin, Charleston's most eligible bachelor.His father thinks she's a gold-digger, her mother wants her to be one and all Amy Leigh wants, is to stay married to the hot man for just a bit longer and maybe another night of great sex.
Vegas. What can I say about that town. The thing you need to know about partying in Vegas first and foremost is that it's super crowded, so plan to be pushed and even stepped on. Wear comfortable shoes, I mean it, I don't care if you think you can walk ten miles in heels, this is not the place to try it.
The locals are great! I struck up conversations with strangers (I know shocker). I talked people at convenience stores, the hotel workers and taxi drivers and they all helped my friends and I find the best places to eat and go to that are off the strip. We ate at an amazing Asian restaurant. I can't remember the name because it was in Chinese or something, but you should try it. If in doubt as a local. Gambling is fun, but don't go overboard and the coolest thing is they bring you free drinks while you're losing your pennies!
5 Do's and Don't's on One Night Stands
- First - wear a condom! - I know I should say make sure he's not an ax-murderer, but let's face it, if you're asking, your panties are already down so too late to look for an ax. (Oh the things I can add here. But I won't - snort.)
- Number Two - Do it in an expensive hotel. If you're putting out, he needs to pay for it. Kind of like a hooker only you get to spend the night in a fancy hotel and he doesn't hand you cash.
- Number Three - Leave first. I don't care if you have to shove Mr. Hunky out of they way. I hate when the guy leaves first and does the whole "finger pointing" thing and says "I'll call you." Big Fat Hairy Liar!
- Number Four - Don't have a fling with a big fat hair guy...unless you're into that kind of thing (ewww). I like hair, but not on the backs or butts. I'll leave what to do about that for another day.
- Number Five - **Lean in and listen carefully** Wait until afterwards to give him your number. If he sucks in bed, then give him the wrong one. If he's good and asks for it, not only give him the right one, but make him text you on the spot so you can stalk him later.
If I were going on a date with hunky 6'2" Trent Mulherin, I'd love to do the do dinner at the Society Cafe in the Wynn hotel on the strip. Then take in a show like Cirque du Soleil. We'd round out the evening with dancing at TAO at the Venetian. Since we're already there, we'd tip toe on up to a suite overlooking the boulevard for some Cirque of our own Soleil. Before you tell my husband about this date. Keep in mind that I'm 52 and would probably fall asleep after the show. But in my mind, I am 27 and single while planning my date.
We saw hunks everywhere, I took pictures of one at the airport, but had to stop when he headed toward security. Most of the men walked along the street in groups. We did see groups of them at the Señor Frogs. Go to casual places. Just sayin'.
Now go on, leave already and send me pictures.
Me and the hunky guy at the airport! :-)
Hildie McQueen loves the strange and unusual, pair that with humor and you’ve got an idea of what her writing is like.
She makes sure action, intrigue, and sizzling romance add up to an escape that her readers won’t soon forget. Hildie is a member of Georgia Romance Writers and Romance Writers of America. She resides in a beautiful small town in Georgia with her super-hero husband, Kurt, and two unruly Chihuahuas.
Website | Facebook | @HildieMcQueen | Goodreads
Hildie's giving away a $10GC & a copy of Blue Horizon to one lucky follower.
And don't forget to enter the print giveaway (US Only)! Link is below the blogoversary graphic.