Series: Big Bad Bite #2
Release Date: February 25th, 2014
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Does he have his claws in her for good? Or is she just yanking his tail?Elena Demos’s life has been turned upside down. Her mother has passed away, leaving Elena and her two half-sisters to deal with their mother’s will and the crazy stipulations it contains. For the three sisters to inherit the substantial amount of money left behind, they have to go to work with two aunts they’ve never met, in the family business they’ve known nothing about, Amazons Inc. If that isn’t bad enough, she runs into the man who once broke her heart, and it’s only their first day on the job.Gage Ivanov is a stupid beast. He let the woman who should be his mate go because she couldn't be told of his Other identity. Now, Elena’s back, but she refuses to give in to his demands for her to be his mate. The timing for all of this couldn’t be worse, either, because Gage and his circle of friends are trying to subdue a rogue pack of wolf shifters in Germany who threaten to out the Others to the world of humans. Will he be able to juggle the oncoming conflict and win back his mate?Claws, love bites and handcuffs - OH MY!
Sigh! I missed Jessie Lane's quick wit and sharp tongue. I was LOL-ing so hard all throughout WALK ON THE STRIPED SIDE thanks to Elena's quips on Gage's tiger. Mouse toys, catnip, litter box, Garfield, trust me, it may not sound funny as is right now but the way Elena put it all together was hilarious! We all know humor is hard to keep running throughout the novel but it wasn't a problem for JLane. Once again, they delivered a solid action-comedy that you won't want to miss!
WALK ON THE STRIPED SIDE has layered plots. Outside Elena and Gage's mating conundrum, there's Gage's sister being accused of murder and the rescue of an Alpha. Aside from the entertaining banter between all the characters, there's a lot of action both in and out the bedroom too. The rescue mission in particular was exciting and suspenseful, Elena was toting a flamethrower for chrissakes so that should give you an idea of how tense the mission was. Plus some of the characters in Big Bad Bite made cameo appearances and as I am a fan of book 1, I was happy to see Adam and Jenna doing OK.
Now the main plot of WALK ON THE STRIPED SIDE revolves around Gage and Elena's impossible coupling. Impossible because Gage is a were-tiger, an immortal, and while Elena is an Amazon, she's human for the most part. And you know how these otherworldly creatures take mating seriously, right? When the male finds their mate, it's almost like their female is their literal rib, even death can't pull them apart. I love all the heart to heart conversations between Elena and Gage and how they handled this huge bump in their relationship. I always turn to mush when these strong, willfull, Alpha males bare their hearts and make themselves vulnerable to their woman. It never fails to give me a happy sigh, Gage included.
Aside from the entertaining MCs, the secondary characters were just as funny and colorful. Gage's babushka was hilarious, Elena's sisters are whacked and Gage's brother Alec is begging for his own book! This is why I enjoy this series so much, there's never a dull moment and definitely no dull characters either. It's a rowdy group but it's hella entertaining to read.
WALK ON THE STRIPED SIDE is a solid follow up to its bestselling predecessor because it's brimming with humor, packed with action and lush with romance you'd be crazy not to like it at least. I expect WALK ON THE STRIPED SIDE to make it on Amazon's Top 100 list soon (in case it hasn't yet) and I'm sure it'll stay there for a long time.
Elena started bucking in his hold, trying to force him to drop her. Silly human. As if she could force him to do anything. When he tightened his grip on her to keep her secure against him and quickened his steps towards the hallway that led to his bedroom, her frustration gave way to an explosion of angry words.
“You mother fuckin’, ball lickin’, hairball coughin’, oversized alley cat, douche juicin’, bastard!”
“Douche juicin’? That doesn’t sound very appealing. I hear there are creams for that if you need them, babe.” Gage crossed the threshold to his bedroom and walked over to the corner where he had his large, king-sized bed against the wall. He set his wiggling woman on the edge of the bed and then turned her body so that she faced him.
Quick as lightening, Elena brought her knee up, trying her best to land a blow to his nuts. He was prepared for the move, though, so he blocked the strike and then used his body to pin hers to the bed.
Frustrated, Elena spat out between her teeth, “Do they have a cream to cure Asshatism? I could finally get rid of you then.”
As you know, I'm partial to weres and shifters so I HAVE to ask Elena for tips just in case I'm lucky enough to date one.
Elena’s Top 5 Perks of Dating a Tiger Shifter
Hey there, Elena Demos here. I’m stopping by Talk Supe today to tell you why once you go cat, you never go back if you know what I mean. *wink wink*
- Cat toys take on a whole new meaning. Just imagine what you can do with a feathered wand in the bedroom! Don’t wind up the robotic mouse and think he’s going to play with it though. It only annoys him. (At least I thought it was funny.)
- A tiger shifter is the ultimate in home protection. Who needs a security system? Not that I’m afraid of anyone breaking in, because I’d just grab my pistol out of the night stand and shoot their ass, but having a six foot, four hundred and fifty plus pound tiger to scare someone off doesn’t hurt either.
- Do real big cats in the wild purr? NO. Does a feline shifter purr? Hell-to-the-yes! How does that benefit me you ask? Two reasons. Number one, when we’re all cuddled up at night, his purrs help me relax and drift off to sleep. Reason number two? Imagine that purr when he’s giving me some loving. Yeah, I don’t call him the walking, talking vibrator for nothing.
- When human boyfriends get mad, you avoid them for hours until they calm down and get there boxers out of a twist or whatever. With my big ol’ pussy cat, all I have to do is pet him. And I’m not talking in the dirty way ladies, just some good old fashioned hand strokes against his hair, or the bare skin of his chest or back and the man is a purring, putty mess in my hands.
- Shifters take a serious relationship to a whole different level. Once they decided someone is their mate, NOTHING will stop them from what they want – their mate. I tried to keep Gage at arm’s length, afraid he would break my heart again, but it was kind of hard to keep distance between us once he broke out the handcuffs. Damn sneaky cats!
Crystal and Melissa often live half their lives with their heads in the clouds dreaming of alpha military hunks, werewolves and kick ass heroines crazy enough to chase after creatures that they unquestionably should know better than to chase.Their first YA novel, The Burning Star, was released in May 2012. Big Bad Bite is their second novel, but their first adult paranormal romance. They are now working on their next two novels, Walk On The Striped Side and Secret Maneuvers. With these projects underway, they are looking forward to showing the rest of the world their crazy stories, heroes and heroines that often plague their minds until written, and hope you will join them on their journey!
TWO WAYS TO WIN!